Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Times, they are A-changin'

Minipost time. New picture guys and dolls, lo and behold the new passable Sara version 2.1 The hormone crew is currently working on the the next update, stay tuned.

At any rate not only am I passable nowadays, the progress I'm making with my family is making leaps and bounds as well. A few days ago, I was getting a new bed for my room from grandma and grandpa, a twin size, a bit smaller than I had liked, as I was hoping my girlfriend and I will finally make our real life rendezvous. The day ended up leading to mom having called me Sara, for the first time in public, in my entire life. She does not regularly call me Sara, and I know it was only because I object to any other name in public, especially around the house, where my neighbors might hear. Still, my reaction was one of such joy, I could not contain the literal "squee" that came out of my mouth or the almost silly feminine hand gesture, she must have found it annoying.

I went to dinner later with my parents and grandparents. This day was the first time dad had really seen me as a girl, the previous time I had kept my sweater zipped up, and tried to hide any of my feminine attire. It was also the first time my grandmother had ever seen me as a girl at all. I found it odd, most things continued as though nothing had taken place. They still call me by the same terms of endearment, even if some of those terms are male. I'm content enough now, just to appear and move in my natural skin, and not have to dress up as a boy when I see them. Maybe I'm giving them too much.

After dinner that same day, I went to see an uncle and aunt, and their two daughters, the oldest 7, (I think, I can never keep track of all three of my cousins ages, every time I see them they've grown up so much more.) While my younger cousins had asked me some unfortunate questions "----- why do you look like a girl?" Well I was not happy as a boy and decided to change. "but you don't have a girl voice" (ouch I'm trying okay girls, I'm still working on that part) Most of it was shockingly uneventful... I remember thinking how I had imagined this day for six long years of my life, ever since coming out, with the intent to transition. The day had gone nothing like how I imagined it would.

Next time, assuming I don't get distracted by other posts, I'll make my official comment about my satisfaction with HRT so far, since I started this blog for the sake of documenting the effects of transitioning on me. It's become a much needed source of support from the community, and a place to vent my troubles, but I still want to also keep it as a document.

5 comments:

VĂ©ro B said...

That's awesome that you're happy with how you look! And really great to hear that things with your family are going so much better. It's amazing to see how things are for you now compared to when I first started reading your blog. You rock!

Samantha Shanti said...

OMG! I love the new picture Sar! It's awesome! You look wonderful. This was a great post, and "squeeing" now and again is a good thing. I'm glad your family is starting to adjust a little at a time, that's something a long time coming no? You deserve all the best, and you deserve to be happy and treated like a human being. Like Veronique said, you've come a long, long way and I'm so happy for you! Keep on keepin on Chica, you're doing fine!

Samantha Shanti said...

Ooops, that was supposed to be Sara but I was typing too face and didn't proof well enough. Sorry.

Sara said...

No worries Samantha, I certainly don't mind spelling errors in my comments, especially not from my friends :)

Samantha Shanti said...

Hey little sister, how you doing? Since I don't have an email address I figured blogspam might work? How you doing? Are you okay? Drop a note if you think of it and have a moment. Hugs,

Sam